To get the most out of your WAVE OnCloud Trial you will need to add users and optionally Talkgroup(s).
- STEP 1: Add Users
- STEP 2: Create Talkgroup(s)
- STEP 3: Associate Users and Talkgroups
- STEP 4: Install the WAVE Mobile Communicator Clients
- STEP 5: Sign In to WAVE OnCloud
- STEP 6: Test Transmission
STEP 1: Add Users
- From the homepage select the Users menu, click the Users button.
- Click Add User
- Add the following information:
(Note: Text in the above image is an example).
- In Display Name, enter the name of the user as it will appear to other WAVE users in WAVE client devices.
- In Username, enter the name the user will use to sign in. Do not enter the gray text following the ‘@’ symbol. It will automatically be added. Users must include this text (the Alias) in order to sign in.
- In Email, optionally enter an email address for the user. If you add an email address it must be in the correct format (name + @ + domain + extension). i.e. User@noreply.com.
- In Password, enter the password for the user.
Passwords must contain at least 1 number, 1 lowercase letter, and be at least 8 characters long. If a password does not meet this criteria it will show as an error and the user will not be added. Ensure you record the Password. You will need it to sign in for testing.
- Click the green check box under Status.
Repeat steps 2 through 4 to create several Users for testing. Record the USERNAMEs and PASSWORDS and keep them ready for signing in. You will also need the Company Alias – the gray text appearing after the USERNAME. (i.e. @ABC123 in the example above).
STEP 2: Create Talkgroup(s)
- Click Talkgroups.
The Talkgroup screen opens.
- Click the large plus icon to create a new Talkgroup.
- In Talkgroup Name, enter a name for the new Talkgroup.
- In the Select a radio system list, leave the selection as ‘None’ for a Broadband-Only Talkgroup. You can edit Talkgroups later if you need to add or remove a Radio System. Radio/Talkgroup association will covered in Radio Quick Start Configuration For now you will create a Broadband Only Talkgroup.
- Click the green check icon when you are done.
The new Talkgroup appears on the page.
STEP 3: Associate Users and Talkgroups
- In the Talkgroup screen, press and hold the CTRL key and click the Users on the right of the screen.
- Drag the selected Users into the Talkgroup square.
The number of Users in the Talkgroup updates to display the total count.
Your first Talkgroup and your test Users are ready for operation.
STEP 4: Install the WAVE Mobile Communicator Clients
- On your iOS or Android device, open the App Store or Google Play and search for the WAVE Mobile Communicator. Multiple versions may exist. Ensure you select WAVE PTT (5.12)
- Install the application on your device.
For Android phones; https://goo.gl/c7ZUG2
For iOS phones: https://goo.gl/gtGN2p
STEP 5: Sign In to WAVE OnCloud
- On your mobile device, tap the WAVE icon to launch the WAVE Mobile Communicator.
- Select OnCloud.
- In USERNAME enter your user name followed by the ‘@’ symbol and your Customer alias. Then enter your PASSWORD.
- Tap the Sign In button.
After connecting, the main screen opens.
STEP 6: Test Transmission
- Using another device, sign in to WAVE OnCloud via the WAVE Mobile Communicator.
- In the GROUPS tab, tap the name of a Talkgroup.
The FEED screen for the selected Talkgroup opens.
- Repeat this with the other device so that you are on the same Talkgroup.
- On one device, press and hold the PTT button at the bottom of the screen. You should hear a short chirp. Speak into your microphone. The audio should come out clearly on the other device and a record of the transmission should appear in the FEED screen.